Year 3 and 4
This term in Cherry Class, we will be studying the 'Stone Age to the 'Iron Age'.
View Year 3/4 Photos
During this topic, we will be exploring what life was like in the Stone Age, for example, what people ate and where they lived. We will also be researching Skara Brae and Stonehenge to understand why they are important. This cross-curricular topic will incorporate work in English, Art, Design Technology, Geography and History.
Important dates for Cherry Class
- Meet and Greet: Tuesday 10th September 3:30-4:30pm.
- Whole School Parent Sleep Workshop: Monday 16th September 3:00-3:30pm.
- Cherry Class Sharing Assembly: Friday 11th October 2:30-3:30pm.
- Stone Age Visitor: TBC
Start and End of the Day
In the morning, the playground door opens at 8:45am and closes at 8:55am. At the end of the day, the children will leave via the conservatory door (the same as Year 1 and 2) at 3:30pm.
Children should bring in water bottles daily to keep hydrated throughout the day. If your child hasn’t got a water bottle, they can buy one from Mrs Lumley in the School Office for £1.
Children can bring fruit from home to eat at break time.
PE in Autumn Term
PE is on a Monday afternoon.
Swimming is on a Thursday afternoon. Please bring a healthy snack for the walk home.
Please ensure that your child has a FULL kit (see below) on both days so that they can get the best from their lesson.
Music is every Wednesday afternoon. Year 3 pupils will try new instruments and be given an instrument best suited to them (letter to follow).
Please ensure that your child has their instrument so that they get the best from their lesson.
Tuck shop is every Wednesday. The children can buy a homemade biscuit and a juice carton for 40p (20p each).
Children will be given a minimum of 15 minutes homework each day.
- 5 minutes of reading.
- 5 minutes of Maths Passport.
- 5 minutes of spelling practise.
Homework must be recorded in the reading record and homework book. We do appreciate your involvement with homework which does make a huge difference to your child’s progress.
Please ensure ALL uniform is named so that it can be return to the correct person.
- a navy or white polo shirt with school logo
- a navy sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- Dark grey trousers/ shorts/ skirts/pinafore
- Dark grey socks / tights – no patterned socks
- Black shoes (no trainers)
- Summer dresses (optional) light blue gingham checked dresses and white socks
- a white PE t-shirt with school logo
- Navy shorts (can be ordered from school)
- Dark track suit bottoms (outdoor PE)
- Plain dark sweatshirt /fleece (outdoor PE)
back to top