Safeguarding and Child Protection
Our federation is committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of all of its pupils. Each pupil’s welfare is of paramount importance. Children are taught about safeguarding, including online, through teaching and learning opportunities, as part of providing a broad and balanced curriculum. This may include covering relevant issues through personal, social health and economic education (PSHE), and/or through relationships and sex education (RSE).
- The Designated Safeguarding Lead is Miss L Brammah
- The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads at St Cuthbert's are Mrs R Holmes and Mrs J Hardcastle
- The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead at Fountains Earth is Miss S Aldridge
What to do if you are worried about a child
North Yorkshire Safeguarding website provides further information for parents and carers should they be concerned about the welfare of a child.
NSPCC website provides further information regarding child protection issues.
Other Useful Websites:
- Parents - ThinkUKnow
- Internet Matters
- Parent Zone
- Parents Protect
- DirectGov.uk - Your Childs Welfare
School Referral procedures and further information
All North Yorkshire schools, including our federation, follow the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Board procedures. The school will, in most
circumstances, endeavour to discuss all concerns with parents about their child/ren. However, there may be exceptional circumstances when the school will discuss concerns with Social Care and/or the Police without parental knowledge (in accordance with Child Protection procedures). The school will, of course, always aim to maintain a positive relationship with all parents and would discuss concerns wherever possible.
- The Federation of Fountains and St Cuthbert's Child Protection Policy (.pdf)
- E - Safety Advice and Guidance