Our intent is based upon The Church of England’s ‘Statement of Entitlement.’
Religious Education in a church school should enable every child to flourish and to live life in all its fullness. (John 10:10). It should help to educate for dignity and respect encouraging all to live well together.
“Such an approach is offered through commitment to generous hospitality,
being true to our underpinning faith, but with deep respect for the integrity
of other religious traditions (and world views) and for the religious
freedom of each person.”
Aims and objectives
- To know about and understand Christianity as a diverse global living faith through the exploration of core beliefs using an approach that critically engages with biblical text.
- To gain knowledge and understanding of a range of religions and worldviews appreciating diversity, continuity and change within the religions and worldviews being studied.
- To engage with challenging questions of meaning and purpose raised by human existence and experience.
- To recognise the concept of religion and its continuing influence on Britain’s cultural heritage and in the lives of individuals and societies in different times, cultures and places.
- To explore their own religious, spiritual and philosophical ways living, believing and thinking.
To view our Religious Education Intent, please click here.