Welcome back to School September 2020
We are ready to welcome all of the children back next week and we will be utilising the training day on Monday 7th September to ensure all staff are up to date with the new government guidance (published on 28th August) and our Federation approach.
The staff will of course focus on ensuring the children understand the routines, the classroom layout, access to equipment etc during the first few days but the main priority will be supporting them in their return to school – some children haven’t been in the building since March 2020! We anticipate a range of emotions ranging from utter excitement to worry and caution. Please be assured that we will support each and every individual to settle back into school life and will communicate with you if we have any concerns at all. Equally please do arrange to see us if you need to talk and we can arrange a time and place to chat. If you would prefer to talk over the phone / e mail please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Much of the guidance (fortunately) remains the same and I would therefore urge parents to re-read the letter published on 13th July to remind themselves of drop off / pick up times etc.
The government have published further guidance on returning to school. This can be read at
There is also a basic leaflet that the department have produced. This is attached below.
Prior to Tuesday 8th September parents need to take the following steps:-
- DO NOT send your child to school if they are unwell or displaying any of the COVID symptoms. Equally if a family member is suffering and the household need to isolate until testing has taken place please inform us. It is important that you let the office know in advance so that we can make preparations for home learning and note the reason for absence.
- If your child requires a breakfast or after school club space at St Cuthbert’sfrom Tuesday onwards this MUST BE BOOKED by Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do this at least 24 hours in advance. Fountains Earth children do not need to book.
- Prepare a PE kit with T shirt, shorts, jumper, track suit bottoms and trainers. PE will take place outside.
- Be patient with us! We will keep on communicating with you by letter / text / newsletter etc. Staff will arrange welcome information for each class in due course which will be sent though to you.
- Remember that Nursery and Reception children don’t start until Weds 9th September. Each parent has a specific time to come to meet Miss Newton and to look around the classroom on Mon 7th / Tues 8th. Miss Newton will not be wearing a mask as she will need to communicate with the children but will observe social distancing. If parents would like to wear a mask when in the building they are invited to do so.
It is the right time to get all of our children into school again and we are all desperate to get on and teach with some semblance of normality!
See you next week.