The Federation of Fountains Earth and St Cuthbert's Primary Schools are lucky enough to have two Parent Teachers Association (PTA) groups one for each school. These groups are called The Friends of St Cuthberts and the Friends of Lofthouse School. Both groups have been running for a number of years.
The Friends consist of a group of volunteer parents and teachers, organising a number of events throughout the school year. The Friends raise valuable funds, contributing to a range of educational equipment and school trips/activities. They also run a number of social events for parents and children.
- October: Year 5/6 Cake Stall: 26th October
- November: Lempen Puppet Show: 20th November
- Christmas Fair: 30th November
- December: Christmas Service: 19th December
- January: Winter Disco: 25th January
- February: Quiz night: 8th February
- Year 3/4 Cake Stall: 15th February
- March: Year 1/2 Cake Stall: 15th March
- Mothers’ Day flowers: 29th March
- April: Easter Hunt: 21st April
- May: Nursery/Reception Cake Stall: 17th May
- June: Summer Games: 22nd June
Find out more in the Friends Autumn Term 2018 Newsletter.pdf
- Domino Drive Friday 26th October 5.00 pm, Lofthouse Village Hall
- Christmas Fair Saturday 10th November 2-4pm, Fountains Earth School
- Bags2School Thurs 8th November
Who are the Friends
- Chairperson: Emma Goodall
- Treasurer - Meriel White
- Secretary - Shared by Jackie Jones & Angela Simpson
- Chairperson: Emma King
- Vice Chairpersons – Fee Ewbank and Becky Lacey
- Treasurer – Ruth Graham
- Secretary – post vacant
Money Raised so far this year:
- St Cuthberts: £4,679.19.
- Fountains Earth: £2,684
Funds raised in the 2018/2019 academic year will help to pay for school trips and learning resources in both schools.
All parents and teachers can get involved, even if they only have a small amount of time available.
To volunteer please contact the St Cuthbert's friends @