Key Stage 2
Our topic this half-term is entitled “Seasons of Change”. We will start by looking at what makes the seasons change in science but also look at how we can make changes in the way we think about our learning through work on growth mindset.
Your teachers are Mrs J Metcalfe and Mrs J Harker-Jones.
- Fountains Earth KS2 Autumn Term 2018 Newsletter 2018 (.pdf)
- Fountains Earth KS2 Summer Term 2 2018 Newsletter (.pdf)
- Fountains Earth KS2 Summer Term 2018 Newsletter (.pdf)
- Fountains Earth KS2 Spring Term 2018 Newsletter (.pdf)
On Thursday 11th October 2018, Class Two enjoyed a fabulous trip to Bradford. We started the day at the Gurdwara Singh Sabha where we learnt about Gurdwaras as places of worship. We then ventured over to Cartwright Hall where we were able to immerse ourselves within wonderful pieces of art! Take a look in the gallery to see a small snapshot of the day.
We have made an excellent start to the new year with lots of work on the author David Walliams in preparation for our art entries into the Nidderdale Show on 24th Sept. We are hoping for a prize winner!
In Literacy, we have focused on 'Autumn Poetry'. The children have developed some fabulous, descriptive phrases by using a wide range of figurative language... we can't wait to share them with you in assembly! The focus of our writing will now move towards non-fiction ... biographies! We will be finding out all about Class Two's favourite authors.
- Our shout out on Stray FM before our trip to Cartwright Hall and the Sikh Gurdwara! .mp3
PE in Summer Term
PE will take place:
- PE every Wednesday afternoon
- Swimming every Friday afternoon
A full outdoor kit is required for each session - please see kit list - and swimming kit on a Friday
- Homework will be given on a Wednesday for completion Monday. Reading records to be updated regularly throughout the week to show that reading is a regular feature of work at home.
Please ensure pupils have the correct uniform as stipulated on our uniform list. An outside coat is essential to ensure that pupils can fully participate in break times.