Key Stage 2
Our topic this term is entitled “What does it mean to be great?” We will use the geography of the United Kingdom and Europe as a starting point.
We will study British and world history thinking about how the Roman invasion and the Anglo-Saxon invasion changed the lives of those living in Britain.
Miss Aldridge will be teaching RE this half term. We are continuing to discuss the big question 'What do different people believe about God?' whilst focusing on the religion of Islam and the Christian festival of Easter. Look out for our ever evolving classroom display and Big Book.
Your teachers are Mrs J Metcalfe and Mrs J Harker-Jones.
- Fountains Earth KS2 Spring Term 2020 Newsletter (.pdf)
- Fountains Earth KS2 Autumn Term 2019 Newsletter (.pdf)
- Fountains Earth KS2 Summer Term 2019 - Year 6 Newsletter (.pdf)
- Fountains Earth KS2 Summer term 2019 - Year 1 - 5 Newsletter (.pdf)
We have a very busy term planned with visits to Leeds City Art Gallery, a mosque and follow-up workshop in school and a visit to Coldstones Cut Quarry! We have already made a start on our Art topic of Lowry and look forward to presenting our own art show later in the term.
Music tuition will continue so instruments need to be brought into school on Wednesday as usual.
PE in Spring Term
Outdoor PE kit needs to be in school on Thursdays and indoor PE kit on Wednesdays.
- Maths homework will be given on a Wednesday for completion Monday.
- Spelling homework will be given on a Friday for completion and test on a Thursday.
- Reading records to be updated regularly throughout the week to show that reading is a regular feature of work at home.
Please ensure pupils have the correct uniform as stipulated on our uniform list. An outside coat is essential to ensure that pupils can fully participate in break times.